6 hard cooked eggs
1/4 Cp mayo
1 to 2 TBS prepared horseradish
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp salt
dash pepper
dash paprika
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks;set whites aside. In bowl, mash yolks. Add mayo, horseradish, dill, mustard salt and pepper. Mix well.
Pipe or spoon into whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
YIELD 1 dozen
Hint: If you lay eggs on their side overnight before cooking the yolks will be more centered. After cooking, immediately put into an icewater bath. This will minimize the green around the yolk.
Credit: Ruth Roth Linville NC

Old 11-04-04, 05:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Don't forget to add a few of the egg shells to a few of them like my mom does. Just kidding. I'll have to try that one since I've never heard of adding horsey sauce to them.

Old 05-22-05, 06:46 AM
C
Just perusing this forum and I have to add my 2 cents worth, even if the thread is a few months old. Dragon's recipe sounds quite yummy! Here are a few additions I've found that add taste and zip to deviled eggs: Hey, I'm a Chef as well as a handy man.

Curry. It goes great with chicken, and marries well with unborn chickens (eggs). Just don't overdo it, and it will add tremendously to the flavor.

Jalapeno. If you like it spicy, chop whole fresh jalapenos, seeds and all and mix it in the yolk stuffing. If you like the jalapeno flavor but not the heat, dice them finely after discarding the seeds. Sprinkle them on the eggs instead of the traditional paprika.

Old 05-22-05, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
captwally,
Thank you for the wonderful ideas.
Another way to add zip to your taste buds would be to add 2tsp French Onion Dip to the mixture. Just cut the mayo down by 2 tsp so it doesnt get too thin. Anyone else have any ideas to make Deviled Eggs more interesting? Please add your ideas or post the recipes in the Recipe Forum. Summer Time is upom us and NEW recipes are needed. The old stanbys are great but sometimes a new taste is welcome and much needed.

Old 02-01-07, 12:26 AM
D
Cool Some ingredients to interchange?

1 1/2 tablespoons chili sauce
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Jalepeno olive slice on the top

This is a top tier recipe with mayo, mustard, and curry. I served them at my fantasy football party, and they were accepted soooo well.

The jalepeno inside the olive is only tasted at the end of this mouth pleaser. You should add a little more of the sauces, depending on how hot the brand you're using is. Too much sauce will make it soupy, though. Be sure to let them sit in your fridge for a day before serving.......just like seasoned taco meat........twice as good then.

"Work for peace, Luke.......join the dark side." he he he

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: