procedure

Old 07-26-02, 05:23 PM
procedure

hello
i feel like i'm wearing out the staff with my questions-i changed three locksets at my daughters new residence and have done well in the past with locks but i bumped into a tough one . i was wondering if i could scan you some pix of the lock or a diagram b/c locks vary and are hard to desribe.
this is a sargent that she would loike rekeyed. the cylinder or the place you insert the key on the outside of the door is the top part-just beneath thaT ON THE INSIDE IS A MANUEL SMALL LIKE A LARGE THUMB SCREW TYPE DEVICE .THERE ARE BUTTONS-2 ON THE FACE OF THE PLATE- sorry about the caps-one key operates both the dead loclk and the latch.
i have undressd this lock set as far as i can w/o forcing anything. it probably has a small cclip or something i am missing.
i put it back together for practical purposes but would like to get it removed.
i wrote to sargent as i am writing to you but they never resonded. perhaps i could give you a model # if i knew where it was or like i said email a photo or two. the keyed cylinder i'll be runs down to the latch beneath it like an eccentric cam but i can't loosen it .i've had the knob and the white metal cylinder off and it is quite a puzzle
do you think you could help?
thank you for listening.
peterr

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-02, 06:59 AM
For clarification: You are trying to rekey this lock and are trying to get the cylinder out? How tall is the plate on the edge of the door? It has a deadbolt operated by the thumbturn or the key and the latch is operated by the key also?

Old 07-30-02, 04:08 AM
pix

schiejr
i'm going to send photos-if anyone else wants to look please let me know.
peterr

Old 07-30-02, 04:10 AM
hi jr

sorry about that 1st pic here are three good ones
peterr

Old 07-30-02, 04:11 AM
jr

2nd pic

Old 07-30-02, 04:12 AM
jr

3rd amd last pic