Most powerful retractable key chain

Old 09-19-00, 04:47 PM
Visiting Guest
What's the most powerful retractable key chains. You know the kind that are in a little round cylinder and when you pull it out it snaps the keys right back. Sometimes called a retriever. I've got a bunch of keys and all the ones I've seen can't lift them all back.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-06, 10:52 PM
Most Powerful Key Chain Retractor

I have a key chain retractor made by Starrett. I only use it on occasion. The darn thing is so powerful, it could remove a child's finger. I found it unpleasant, and a bit over powered. But, if I was carrying four pounds of keys, it would be perfect. The belt clip is substantial (read this as it can handle four pounds of keys). The chain is a stamped stainless steel link, length is just short of an average arm length. If the key ring ever got caught in a machine, you would surely be pulled to your death (but you would have a second or so to realize your mistake). IMHO Starrett makes some of the finest machine tools in the known universe. Better know for their most excellent carpenter and machinist tools, I wonder how this gem made it into their catalog.

See http://catalog.starrett.com/catalog/catalog/groupf.asp?GrpTab=Feature&GroupID=416

If the link does not work, go to www.starrett.com and search for "Key Caddy."

Cheers

Last edited by Jack Mahogoff; 12-06-06 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added link to improve post.
Old 12-07-06, 01:22 AM
I use the original Key-Bak.

Old 12-08-06, 07:04 AM
I supply the Starretts for our maintenance people, they have been the most durable for us.