Locked Keys in Shed - Eagle Lock

Old 07-07-04, 05:43 AM
pancake27
Visiting Guest
Red face Locked Keys in Shed - Eagle Lock

Duh !

We locked the keys to the shed in the shed. Of course, we only have the one set. We can see them sitting on the table, but cannot access unless we: A- Break the window; B- Break the door; C- Cut a hole in the wall.

The lock is made by Eagle Lock Co of Terryville,CT - I believe it's probably made & installed sometime in the late 50's. I'd hate to lose the lock and was hoping you may have a suggestion other than paying & waiting for a locksmith.

I had hoped to contact the Eagle Lock Co. and request a "Master" for the lock we have but it seems they're no longer in business.

Any hints on picking the lock?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-04, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Worst thing is that you can see them. If you cannot remove the door from the hinges or pry it open a bit farther to slip past the bolt, your best bet to avoid destruction is to call a locksmith.

Lockpicking, which requires special tools, and other bypass techniques are not really appropriate for a public forum such as this since we do not know who may use them inappropriately.

Good luck.

Old 07-08-04, 08:53 AM
pancake27
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for the reply.

I found a pretty cool website : www.howstuffworks.com

It explained the basics for trying to pick the lock.
I'm gonna try that first and if that fails, I'll probably break a window.

Old 07-08-04, 11:40 AM
The window is probably the most easy/cheapest repair to make. Time for a spare key