Sliding glass door lock

Old 05-05-05, 10:09 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sliding glass door lock

Short of an AdamsRite bolt lock, what else can I use on a 1 5/8" thick wooden sliding glass door?

Old 05-05-05, 01:11 PM
S
Is this a patio door, or a display case of some sort? How wide is the stile?

Old 05-05-05, 03:31 PM
It's a patio door, and unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet. I'm just lost due to the thickness of the door. And of course, not seeing the door, I have no idea of the backset.

Old 05-06-05, 02:25 AM
S
I imagine they want a lock/key that will match their current key system so they can enter from outside? Olympus makes a line of cabinet locks that will work with Schlage, not sure if they have any hook bolts or something that will work for you or beefy enough for an exterior door. Sorry, nothing else comes to mind right now other than adapting a different patio door lock to it.

Old 05-07-05, 06:10 PM
W
WGW
Hi cuedude;
In cases where the customer requests a replacement or upgraded lock for a sliding patio door, I use a patio door lock made by Miwa.
It's installed in addition to any existing lock and is available through any of our locksmith supply houses here and comes in both Weiser or Schlage keyways.
Works by thumbturn on the inside and key outside and door thickness is not a concern as it'll easily adapt for whatever you are faced with simply by cutting the cylinder tail piece down.
Hope that helps!

Regards

Old 05-08-05, 04:11 AM
Thanks Guys

I've gotten a few ideas, and also done some more research. I have it figgured out. Thanks guys for your input. You've come through again.

cuedude

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: