Have an old safe, but not the key

Old 06-27-05, 12:01 PM
bowl820
Visiting Guest
Question Have an old safe, but not the key

I have an old safe from the EF Miller & Sons company. The company was in Providence, RI, but I'm not sure how long ago. It's not there now. I'm trying to find a way to open the safe without destroying it. It is a key lock. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-05, 01:59 PM
Safe Opening

Hi,

In your post you said: "I'm trying to find a way to open the safe without destroying it". I highly recommend you not try this yourself. If the safe is portable, take it to a Locksmith. What they will do is "attack" the lock, provided there are no re-lockers within the safe. Relockers are just what they sound like. If the safe is tampered with, the relockers fire, and then you still can't open the safe. If there are, what they will do is probably drill a hole in the back of the safe, (this can be patched easily), and literally take the lock apart from the back. This keeps the body of the safe intact, completely reusable, and once the door is open, it can be reassembled, and a key made for it. It is one of the most cost effective ways to open a safe, and still have a safe left to reuse. And you will save a service call by taking it to the locksmith.

cuedude