Schlage

Old 08-06-05, 05:27 PM
Schlage

Just bought a home, going to replace all locks. Will be using Schlage, but I'm stumped on one thing. Need an online vedor that has the Security Pack Model #FB250 or #FB350. I can find all deadbolts/handles, but not these items.

Basically, I would like to have a matching set for 2 exterior doors in grade 1 or 2. The B360 looks great, but I can't find a matching handle?

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-05, 07:08 PM
Alright, can't seem to find any info, so I'll probably end up at Lowes.

One thing, is the FB350/B300 listed on Schlage's site the same thing listed at Lowes as FB350/B300? I know some companies have consumer grade products that they sell in Lowes that aren't as good as the industrial they sell to Pros. (ie. Honeywell VisionPro Digital T-stats sold in lowes/HD that carries a similar number to the Pro version)

Planning to get these tomorrow, so please add some insight...

Old 08-07-05, 07:23 PM
I believe Schlage used to have some lines at the home centers but if it is the same B series number then they should be the same high quality of that line. You should be able to confirm that by calling Schlage's customer service line at
800-847-1864.

Old 08-08-05, 06:58 PM
Great

Thanks for the help.

One thing, do you think the B300 series is secure enough for residential or should I opt for the B600 series?

Thansk

Old 08-09-05, 05:14 AM
The B300 series is grade 2 which is a medium grade lock for residential or light commercial. The B600 is grade 1, which is the best.

Typically a grade 2 lock is sufficient for most homes. Unless you are expecting brute force attacks and upgrade the strike and reinforce the door, there is no need for the grade 1 lock.