Need deep strike plate

Old 09-17-05, 05:10 AM
Need deep strike plate

I'm working on a door that has had the wallboard and trim built out about inch or so where the door catches. Therefore, the standard strike plate that came with my knobset will not work. I could always cut out the trim where the lip would sit but that would look tacky. I need a plate with a lip that extends about 1 3/4 inches or so and have searched the net to no avail. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-05, 03:53 PM
Strike Plate

Originally Posted by koalalh
I'm working on a door that has had the wallboard and trim built out about inch or so where the door catches. Therefore, the standard strike plate that came with my knobset will not work. I could always cut out the trim where the lip would sit but that would look tacky. I need a plate with a lip that extends about 1 3/4 inches or so and have searched the net to no avail. Can anyone help?
Hi koalalh,

Have you talked to your local locksmith? What you need is not uncomon at all. Some locksmiths will have them in stock. Others may have to order them. But they are available. Give that a shot, and let us know how it turns out.

cuedude

Old 09-17-05, 05:58 PM
I get all kinds of hits when googling "extended lip strike"

Here is one of many

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/29...te-152587.aspx

Old 09-17-05, 08:46 PM
Perfect! Thanks guys - just found it on Kwiklocks.com. I didn't think to type extended lip in my search; was just typing deep strike plate and kept getting the standards. Thanks again.

Old 09-18-05, 11:44 AM
Glad to help.