removal of connecting bar


Old 10-17-05, 06:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
removal of connecting bar

The connecting bar on my old cylinder is too short for my new lock. I want the lock to work with my old key. Is there a way to remove the old connecting bar and replace it with the new one?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-05, 06:06 AM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 674
Welcome to the forums, tanglewood!

The cylinder connecting bar is known as the tailpiece. Sounds like you have a rim cylinder. If you bring the cylinder in to a locksmith they should have replacement tailpieces available for minimal cost. Call ahead with the brand to confirm if possible-not all use the same style. Usually there is a spring clip of some sort that holds it on.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes