Replacing a deadbolt with no exposed screws

Old 03-06-06, 01:14 PM
Replacing a deadbolt with no exposed screws

I'm attempting to remove and replace a Baldwin deadbolt. It is a deadbolt with key openings on each side (it's on a French door.) The problem is that there are no exposed screws next to the keyhole on the part of the lock on the inside of the door (there are none on the part of the lock on the outside for that matter.) There are not even any indentions that would indicate where the screws would be. I can't figure out how to get the lock off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-06, 03:16 PM
Baldwin Locks

Hi TonyB,

Welcome to the board. Baldwin, Double Cylinder Deadbolts have a screw on inner rose. (The part that the inner lock fits into.) If you have the kind of luck I do, it's on there so tight, two men and a monkey would need to strain to loosen it. Just keep trying, it will come off. After that is done, you will see that there is a thin face plate over the lock body. This may even fall to the floor once the rose is removed. Under that faceplate are the 2 screws you are looking for. Good luck, and let us know how it went.

cuedude

Old 03-06-06, 05:20 PM
It worked!

Thanks, cuedude! And it didn't even take two men...just the monkey!