lost key for back door. Door is locked!

Old 05-07-06, 05:09 AM
lost key for back door. Door is locked!

My wife has lost the key for the back door. The door is locked. The lock is a lever type. There is no brand name or number on lock or the lost key. After reading through the other threads I've removed the face plate and handle from the inside. There is no catches or springs to activate lock. I've tried fiddling with lock mechanism, but don't want to do more harm than good. Without a key is the lock a lost cause? Should I cut through the bolt, open door and replace lock?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-06, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by kristiansmart
My wife has lost the key for the back door. The door is locked. The lock is a lever type. There is no brand name or number on lock or the lost key. After reading through the other threads I've removed the face plate and handle from the inside. There is no catches or springs to activate lock. I've tried fiddling with lock mechanism, but don't want to do more harm than good. Without a key is the lock a lost cause? Should I cut through the bolt, open door and replace lock?
Thanks
Hello kristiansmart, and welcome to the board.

No need to write it off, especially if it's a good lock. Call your local locksmith. He can take it apart, decode the lock and make you a new key. Yes, even locksmiths can do magic. LOL.

cuedude