Schlage Deadbolt

Old 07-01-06, 07:55 AM
Question Schlage Deadbolt

Hi: I have read the posts about deadbolts but my deadbolt does not have the nail-head looking blanks to pry out.

Another post mentioned an allen screw can be found after taking the bolt action out. When I removed the bolt I couldn't see any allen heads. No other mechanism for removal is apparent.

The outer ring turns endlessly leaving me with the feeling that I will have to drill or saw into the lock to see if I can somehow remove it.

When I started working on this project I was intending to save the lock but now I am ready to destroy the lock just to get it out.

Does any one have any suggestions as to how I can remove this deadbolt the right way or if not, how to best remove it by destroying the lock.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-06, 01:38 PM
There is a way to uninstall any lock. I can't see your specific brand but before I went to attacking it with a saw or similar I would try to google the particular schlage deadbolt and see how it is supposed to come apart. If you don't know the specific model you may be able to figure it out by looking at similar makes.

Old 07-01-06, 05:09 PM
Depending on the particular model of Schlage deadbolt....you could look at the following instructions. You will need to carefully pry out the inner face plate to expose the screws.

Paste it into your browser.

Good Luck

http://consumer.schlage.com/products/pdfs/Accents_Install_Sheets_Deadbolts.pdf

Old 07-01-06, 08:54 PM
Smile

Thanks guys. My lock does look like the one in the drawing. I will attempt to pry the inside cover off tomorrow.

This is great to have access to the answer to my problems! Thanks for taking the time to help.

I hope you both have a happy Independence Day...

Dave in Durham