baldwin keyed entry set: how to replace cylinder


Old 07-26-06, 10:46 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
baldwin keyed entry set: how to replace cylinder

Hello there,

I recently purchased a Baldwin keyed entry set and hired a handyman to install it. After doing so, he asked me where the keys were. Keys! I hadn't touched the package. I bought a lock without keys. Baldwin would only send a new cylinder and keys, but I can't even figure out how to remove the collar! A guy at Lowe's said you can't even install a Baldwin set like this without the keys... or without jamming it so hard that it's probably damaged. Who to believe? What to do? Any suggestions on how to replace this cylinder or to remove the whole set?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-06, 08:16 AM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 674
Welcome to the forums, cbaraw!

My Baldwin experience is minimal and not recent. Here is a link to their installation guides:

It looks like on a standard knob or lever keyed entry set there is a set screw for the interior handle that has to be removed with an allen wrench. Once this is off, the rose, which is threaded, can be unscrewed and you will then be able to remove the screws that hold the lock on the door.

Hopefully this will get you started.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes