Deadbolt Lock Cover

Old 05-11-07, 01:07 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deadbolt Lock Cover

Hello all...

I'm looking for something I saw a gazillion years ago and figured must be out there somewhere.

Basically, a friend had a deadbolt that you needed a key to open on both sides. On the inside, they just kept a key in the lock - but the key had a kind of "cover" on it that made it look like it was one of those deadbolts that you needed a key for one side, but just had a turn-latch thingee on the other. But you could pull this "turn-latch" out.

Anyone know if you can buy something like that? I'd hate to just keep a key in the lock - it's pretty ugly....

Thanks,
Steve

Old 05-11-07, 12:00 PM
yes they are still available. Go to your local locksmith and ask for a removable thumbturn for a deadbolt. They should know what you're saying. they are fairly cheap.

They operate by having a small hole in the head that you use a small tool to lift the first pin tumbler in the cylinder, to withdraw the key.

They are an easy way to turn a double cylinder deadbolt into a temporary single cylinder deadbolt.

I'll find a link for you.

Old 05-11-07, 12:38 PM
H
Thanks! I tried to find a link on that...but couldn't. And I'm usually pretty good at that - so it makes me think I'm still using the wrong search terms.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: