Mosler key

Old 01-07-08, 08:20 PM
Mosler key

I recently was willed a Mosler key, I do not know what it is to or where to find out. If any one can help me with my problem please tell me. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-08, 02:37 AM
it is more than likely for a safety deposit box.

check with the bank of the person who willed the key

Old 01-09-08, 08:51 AM
If it's a "flat steel" key. Then like the previous post is a safe deposit box. The bank has the Guard key. It could also be for a safe. I know alot of drop safes essentially use the same lock.

Old 01-09-08, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
key

Hey Guys who know more than I do.

If the key has a serial number on it, is there anyway he could find out what the lock was used in from the company?

Seems like I read or heard something like that somewhere? Maybe on Law and Order...lol?

Old 01-10-08, 06:43 AM
Well the number your probably refering to is the code number. Some original keys come with a code number stamed on the head of the key. The lock, in this case shouldn't have any numbers on the face of it. You can cut the key by code if you have the ability and information. Which most locksmiths do. Including myself.

Old 01-10-08, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Hey Guys who know more than I do.

If the key has a serial number on it, is there anyway he could find out what the lock was used in from the company?

Seems like I read or heard something like that somewhere? Maybe on Law and Order...lol?

There's an old saying, "dont believe everything you hear and only half of what you see"

It could have a distinguishing code that tells where it was for, but not likely I suggest. Many banks will periodically use different locksmiths who will replace locks with different keys that have no ID on them.

Old 01-10-08, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
numbers

Guess I was thinking more of a safe. I do know for certain, we had a new safe delivered to the ship, and someone threw away the paperwork with the combo on it. We could have had the locksmith come and drill it, but someone had the bright idea of calling the manufacturer. Since it was a direct ship, they were able to track down the info at their end. Seems like they wanted someones firstborn as proof we were who we said we were tho. Where has all the trust gone in the world...lol

Have a great wknd, I'm off to Vegas!!

Old 01-10-08, 03:21 PM
arguably, the request for more information is simply a protection from dispelling more info. This is good and maintains the security of the product. You should be thankful. What could be worse than handing the combination to an unauthorized party!

Suffice to say, that confirmation of the identification should be a consideration of protection.

Trust has everything to do with it. Are you the person responsible for the deed box?

You should be happy that the authority wants to protect themselves from any litigation.