Looking for Emtek Key Blanks

Old 03-29-08, 07:46 PM
Looking for Emtek Key Blanks

I have a couple of Emtek patio door bolts, shown below:
http://www.buyasafe.com/ProductDetai...ductCode=E2062

1. Anyone know where I can get key blanks for these?
2. Ideally, I would like to have these both keyed alike, how would that be done?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-08, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by biking_brian View Post
I have a couple of Emtek patio door bolts, shown below:
http://www.buyasafe.com/ProductDetai...ductCode=E2062

1. Anyone know where I can get key blanks for these?
2. Ideally, I would like to have these both keyed alike, how would that be done?

Those bolts are lockable patio bolts using Silca LF43R keyblanks. They are a five disc tumbler. You can remove the plug by turning the key to reveal a larger silver colored disc at the back, pull the key out one space, press the large silver retainer down at the back, hold it down while pushing the key in. The key will now hold the retainer depressed. You can then pull the plug out of the housing.

If they are already installed, you will need to take them off. To get access to the screws, in the unlock position turn the bolt while pulling. Remove the square plastic plugs and you will see the screws.

Rekeying is fairly easy, simply remove the discs that dont line up (to the shear line) and replace with discs that do, or rearrange the others. There are only 3 different sized discs.

These locks are identical to Whitco patio bolts in Australia. They use Lowe and Fletcher cylinders and space and depths.
I'm sure you could find a locksmith with a cross refference guide that will convert from Silca to another US brand of blank.

Last edited by GlobalLocky; 03-29-08 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Additional information