Entry Door Knob to Handleset Accessory

Old 03-20-10, 01:26 PM
Entry Door Knob to Handleset Accessory

I know I have seen the part before but cant seem to located it. Im looking for a door accessory that will change the following Baldwin 5205.ENTR Classic Style Keyed Entry Knob Set with the Emergency Exit Function into a handleset.

If you know the name of the part I need, please reply

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-10, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by caster View Post
I know I have seen the part before but cant seem to located it. Im looking for a door accessory that will change the following Baldwin 5205.ENTR Classic Style Keyed Entry Knob Set with the Emergency Exit Function into a handleset.

If you know the name of the part I need, please reply

Thanks
What do you mean 'handleset'?
The lock you mention in the link, is a handleset.
Are you looking to replace an existing Baldwin part? If so, just contact Baldwin tech support and they will most likely mail you the replacement part free of charge. (all Baldwin hardware products come with a limited lifetime warranty)

Old 03-21-10, 04:38 PM
i want a double lock on an entry door. there is a door accessory that will convert the lock I first posted into one with a handle like on this handleset Schlage F58-CAM Camelot Single Cylinder Exterior Entrance Handleset from the F-Series

Old 03-21-10, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by caster View Post
i want a double lock on an entry door. there is a door accessory that will convert the lock I first posted into one with a handle like on this handleset Schlage F58-CAM Camelot Single Cylinder Exterior Entrance Handleset from the F-Series
Any professional will NOT sell you a double lock for an entry door. Check with your local AHJ to determine building codes and life safety laws.

If you do decide to use double locks (key from both sides), be well aware that your insurance could be void if you suffer an emergency situation. Also pertinent, is your insurance will also be void if a thief is unable to escape your property. Or if a fire was to start while a thief is inside and the thief dies, your insurance is still void, but worse still is the likelihood of the home owner being charged with negligent manslaughter/homicide, with a potential life term prison sentence, restitution to the family of the deceased and the likely loss of your personal posessions too.

Many of the "handleset" mechanisms differ greatly from the other style mechanisms. There is a conversion kit for Baldwin mortise locks, but not cylindrical style deadbolts and entrance sets.

Old 03-22-10, 12:15 PM
In the USA, a "Handleset" is a knob or lever inside, and a vertical grip handle with a thumbpiece on the outside. Some companies offer them in a mortise-prep format and others in a cylindrical-prep format. Baldwin is primarily a mortise lock company and, as Global indicated, their MORTISE locks can be converted from knob/lever outside to handleset type grip without having to buy a complete new lock.

I'm not up on all the latest, but I don't know of any company that has a convertion for a CYLINDRICAL lock to handleset, without buying a whole new lock to fit the cylindrical prep format, which is what OP's Baldwin knob lock takes.

Also, I took OP's "double lock" to mean a set-up like shown in his second link, ie., locking handleset below with single-cylinder deadbolt above.