Schlage deadbolt cylinder assembly

Old 03-15-11, 09:56 PM
Schlage deadbolt cylinder assembly

I am installing a set of new Schlage locks (P515-788 B60, B60F, B62). One is a keyed entry knob (installed with no problem), and the other is a deadbolt that is keyed on the outside and has twist knob on the inside.
The cylinder assembly came apart while pushing it into place, and the pictures on the installation instructions are not clear enough to help me get it back together. I can assemble the lock (outside of the door) well enough to see how it should work, but there is a “keeper” that I cannot get to stay in place.
An exploded view of the cylinder pieces would be helpful, but I have not been able to find one on the Schlage site. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-11, 07:50 AM
You might get a better response if you post this question in the locks and hardware section of this forum.

Residential & Commercial Security - Locks, Keys & Dead Bolts - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Old 03-26-11, 01:20 AM
Old 03-26-11, 01:24 AM
if you are referring to the tailpiece becoming separated from the back of the cylinder, simply reinsert it by tilting it as you place it inside the screw on cam.