Anderson French door hardware

Old 11-14-11, 10:55 AM
Anderson French door hardware

We recently bought a set of Anderson exterior french doors at a garage sale without the hardware. We are a bit perplexed by the deep pocket carved out of the doors for the hinges. What type of hinge should we be looking for? The opening for all hinges measures 4" x 1/2" x 7/8". Both of these doors open, so we need the pin locks at top and bottom, as well as hinges and door handles/knobs and lock. I would appreciate any help you can give me as far as advice in leading me to the right hardware.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-11, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Welcome to the Forums...I moved your post for clarity and more responces.

I hope you got a really good price and it came with a frame? The hardware can be pricey. As I remember, hinges could run $50-75 EACH and the handle set will be about $150-200 minimum...more if you want the fancy finishes.

I would recommend you contact Andersen and at least get a price quote and part numbers for the items you need. They have used several different types of adjustable hinges over the years as well as locking mechanisms. The deep pockets are for the adjustment mechanism that allows the doors to be "fine tuned" after install and as parts wear.

Once you have the info you can look at things like EBay for parts.

If you post the info located in the corner of the glass around the outside of the Andersen logo, I may be able to tell you an age and type of glass.

Pictures and measurements (ht x wdth) of the doors and the actual exposed glass area would be a big help.

Old 11-14-11, 12:23 PM
Check out the andersen parts store online. I've purchased a number of replacement parts from them over the years.

Andersen Windows Parts - Home Page