Help finding door handles for unique multipoint lock

Old 01-20-14, 06:54 PM
Help finding door handles for unique multipoint lock

Hi,
I hope someone can help me find some door handles/lock parts. One of the doors in my house had missing handles/lock parts when I bought the house. I searched all over the internet but cant find what I need. Its a multipoint lock system, with bolts shooting up on top of the door, down on the bottom of the door and the regular horizontal one into the door jam. Seems like the door came assembled from factory with the look system. So its missing a handle, handle plate, and a "lock lever". I am attaching pictures. Any information will be appreaciated. My other option would be to replace the door which is $$$$$$$$$.
Thank you!

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-14, 07:17 PM
Anderson Windows & Doors makes a multi-point lock similar to your photo, have you checked with them? Most of the lock is stamped together & not designed to be serviceable, but the parts you seek should be available.

Old 02-03-14, 09:50 AM
looks like a Pella Atrium door handle and lock

Old 02-26-14, 01:52 PM
It kind of does look like Pella Atrium door lock. Why are these things sooo expensive - $300+??? I can replace the whole door with a new lock set for that much.

Old 02-27-14, 06:56 PM
As to why the locks are expensive, these multi-point locks as furnished by Pella & Anderson are part of a rather high-end series of doors, not found in most homes, and not mass-produced in the same quantities as ordinary locks. And Law of Supply & Demand is at play.

As to why, (assuming you've looked into this) you can't get the individual parts you need, I'll take an educated guess (since I don't know anything about the company) that the locks may not be made by Pella themselves, but rather OEM'd for them by a different company, whose contract is to only provide complete locksets to them. If I am wrong about this, and they do maintain an inventory of replaceable parts, but choose not to sell them to homeowners, well, your guess is as good as mine.

Old 03-02-14, 11:05 PM
there's a company in Kansas City that will probably have the parts you want. PM me for the website, as the mods here frown upon posting links to sites, unauthorised.