Need Schlage Key N Keyless lock manual

Old 09-11-15, 09:35 AM
Need Schlage Key N Keyless lock manual

I've lost user manual for this lock and need to reset code. Anyone know how or have a pdf of manual they can share?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-15, 09:44 AM
Group Moderator
Don't know if this is the right one, but Google is your friend:
http://www.schlage.com/content/dam/s...s/23780042.pdf

Old 09-11-15, 10:09 AM
Negative. I've searched google for a few days and that's why I'm asking here. It does not have keypad. It is the type described by original poster (atikovi) and GlobalLocky below.

Old 09-11-15, 10:50 AM
Group Moderator
I have moved your post to its own thread to avoid confusion. Pleas add the information on the manual you are looking for.

Old 09-11-15, 10:56 AM
it was in relation to the thread that I replied to. Why move?

Old 09-11-15, 11:09 AM
For Schlage Key N Keyless set (no keypad). Turn knob left or right and number displays on LED. Pre 1990 model.

Old 09-11-15, 11:44 AM
Here is the lock I'm talking about:
Name:  Schlage.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  51.0 KB

Old 09-11-15, 12:36 PM
Group Moderator
Why move?
To avoid the confusion of who is answering what to whom. Somebody see the real meaning of the tread looking at the first post and answers to that then someone answers to yours and from there it just goes down hill.

Old 09-12-15, 08:38 AM
Old 09-14-15, 10:51 AM
I've already looked there - not listed. Older discontinued unit. That's why I'm asking here.

Old 09-14-15, 11:42 AM
Group Moderator
Perhaps if you tell us the questions you want answered someone can help answer them.

Old 09-16-15, 08:08 PM
I've got one of those locks when it was manufactured and/or marketed under the name InteLock out of California, in the mid 90's. I've got the knob model, but the deadbolt should program the same. Hopefully it works the same as when Schlage marketed it.

First, you set a new code in it by turning the knob in the same fashion you would to unlock it once you have an operating code, so you need to know how that works first: If you turn the knob slightly to the right (CW), the LED displays a 0 (zero) and begins counting up. (0-1-2-3 etc). If you begin by turning the knob left (CCW), the display begins counting down (0-9-8-7 etc). Hold the knob until the first number of your combo appears then release the knob. Within about 5 seconds (or the display will go out and you'll have to start over), turn the knob in either direction and wait until the display counts up or down (from the first number) until you reach the second number of your combo, then release knob again. Repeat for the remaining numbers. (It can have a 2, 3 or 4 digit code.) When the last number is entered, the display will show a "U" (unlock) for about 5 seconds, whereupon turning the knob now will retract the latch (bolt).

The default factory codes were 3-1-3 for the "personal" code (what the owner would use) and 2-0-2 for the "alternate" code, (what is given to a visitor or temporary user). There's a "code select" switch just under the inside cover near the batteries, which when placed in the UP position allows both codes to operate, and when in the DOWN position, allows only the "personal" code to operate. The countdown/countup rate is slower when the switch is UP, to give a temporary user who isn't as familiar with the lock, more time to enter the code.

Continued...

Old 09-16-15, 08:33 PM
To reset codes (you must program both personal and alternate codes, even if you never use both codes):

(This is for the knob version, it shouldn't be much different for the deadbolt)

1) Turn the inside knob button to lock the outside knob.

2) Put the code select switch in the DOWN position (Personal code).

3) Remove one of the batteries then turn the outer knob and hold it 3 or 4 seconds, then release.

4) Insert the battery. The unit will beep about 15 times or so, don't turn the knob, just wait a full minute, then

5) Press and release the "code reset" button, then turn the knob until "0" appears, then release the knob. I think the LED flashes at this point.

6) Press AND HOLD the reset button until "P" appears, then release the button and enter your new personal code, (as explained before), in a continous sequence without letting more than 5 seconds or so elapse between digit entries.

7) Upon entering the last digit, just wait for the display to go out. Now try the code. A "U" should appear, allowing you to turn the knob in either direction to open the door.

Cont.....

Old 09-16-15, 08:53 PM
In the previous sequence, if, upon trying the new Personal code, you get a "0" instead of a "U", it's asking you to enter the Alternate code. Do that without delay. If not, procede thus to set the Alternate code:

1) Put code select switch in DOWN position.

2)Enter personal code. Either a "U" or a "0" will flash.

3) Now put the code select switch in the UP position, and hold in the reset button while the "0" is flashing. "P" should appear in the display.

4) Release the button, then use the outer knob to enter your new Alternate code without delay. Wait for the last code number to go out. Now try the code.

The lock has an alarm feature that if you've failed to correctly dial the code in 30 seconds, it sounds alarm for 30 seconds or so, and won't take code entry during that time.

If you see a "L" flash in the display, it means the battery is low, but you can still operate it for a few weeks or a month or so. You've got a couple minutes to replace the batteries, so the memory is not lost.

That's about it. Good luck.

Old 09-16-15, 09:11 PM
A slight modification to the previous explanation: Inasmuch as I've never owned the deadbolt that goes with this knob lock, I was unaware until doing a little search just now that the deadbolt is not programmed separately; it communicates wirelessly from the knob lock below it. To lock the deadbolt, you push a "Exit" button on the inside deadbolt housing that, for 5 seconds or so, enables the outside collar ring to be turned to throw the deadbolt, once you step out and close the door. Entering the code in the knob then unlocks both lock at the same time. Of course, the key works both locks conventionally, as well as the thumbturns.

Old 10-05-15, 12:06 PM
The original post is pretty clear as to what I need.

Old 10-05-15, 12:09 PM
Thank you rstripe. Got it working. Thanks for your help.