Bathroom door knob/lock

Old 10-09-15, 08:26 AM
Bathroom door knob/lock

Hi, guys.. I'd like to buy a bathroom door knob/lock.. (not with keys) one of the poke it hole ones

But I wanted to get one that's kind of older.. where you used to turn the handle to lock it and then push in.. can I get that one anywhere in the gold color??? or maybe that old push button one??

I really don't want the new switch ones..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-15, 08:45 AM
Schlage makes privacy locks with a center pushbutton to lock the door. Here's an example: Schlage F40PLY625 Polished Chrome Privacy Door Knob - Build.com

Offhand I don't know of anyone making the kind where you push the whole knob in and turn to lock.

Old 10-10-15, 12:23 AM
thanks.. I found those at the store

I like this much better then the kwikset turn a button.. they are expensive at $16 or so.. but still neat

Old 10-17-15, 09:23 PM
Ah, the old Weiser push-and-turn knobs...they were either loved or hated. I guess the haters won out, plus not being intuitive enough for the uninitiated to effect a panic exit in under 2 seconds.

Old 10-18-15, 04:54 AM
rstripe
"Ah, the old Weiser push-and-turn knobs...they were either loved or hated."

Those who sold replacement inside knobs loved them; steady, repeat business. Really loved it when apartment complexes were full of them. They generated lock-outs too!

Old 10-21-15, 07:21 PM
Yeah, 3 clicks of a pick gun and you're in. Seriously tho, it was a unique design.