Schlage knob replacement

Old 04-25-16, 07:21 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 39
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Schlage knob replacement


My front door has a handle set on the outside with a regular schlage knob on the inside. The inside knob fell off and is dented so am looking to replace it. It has a separate deadlock so I do not need a locking one. I have been searching for a replacement but was told the dummy knob wouldn't work because it doesn't turn. I don't need the passage one because I don't need the strike or the knob for the exterior since the handle set I have is fine.

Do I need to purchase the passage knob and just use the inside knob to replace the damaged one?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-25-16, 07:59 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,379
Received 13 Votes on 12 Posts
Depending on the age and design of your lock, buying a new passage set and using the inside knob may or may not work. Schlage has had several designs of handlesets over the years and they're not all interchangeable. I believe if you've got a residential grade handleset of recent vintage, the inside knob from a standard F series passage set should work, but I couldn't swear to it. Are your interior locks Schlage as well? If so, chances are they are F series, so you might try and see if one of them will work,

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: