Lever free electronic door lock

Old 11-10-16, 12:39 PM
Lever free electronic door lock

Hello all! Looking to see if anyone has seen an Electronic deadbolt that DOES NOT have a lever/knob/button on the inside... We have glass panes around the door so it would be useless to get a lock with a manual turn on the inside part of the lock. Please help me! If my kids lose another house key they may not survive! lol

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-16, 12:51 PM
Here's one: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/lo...FUxXDQodP4kD1g

Not electronic. Has turn knob but you have to enter combination first.

You can find others by searching for double sided electronic lock or double cylinder electronic lock.

But....just like double cylinder mechanical deadbolts are not recommended because they are dangerous in event of a fire or other emergency requiring rapid exit, I would hesitate to install one of these on an exterior door.

Old 11-10-16, 12:52 PM
Group Moderator
You need a way for quick egress.... especially in case of fire.

Old 11-10-16, 01:09 PM
Group Moderator
We have glass panes around the door so it would be useless to get a lock with a manual turn on the inside part of the lock.
You may want to check with the AHJ, fire department and your insurance company, as not having a manual way to open the door which is always present to ensure egress may be an issue for one or more of them.

Old 11-10-16, 01:55 PM
Our back door does not have or need a double sided deadbolt lock so there is a quick egress door, plus most of the windows are escapable. I was concerned about that too, but with the back door and windows I am less concerned.

Old 11-10-16, 02:02 PM
Think about it, if someone wants to really break in there's nothing to stop them from coming in.
Kick the door in, break a window, ECT.
Far more important to considerer your family's safety!

Old 11-10-16, 02:27 PM
Yeah, it's that Electroconvulsive Therapy that will get you every time!

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Benefits & Side Effects

Old 11-12-16, 09:57 PM
We'll sic GlobalLocky on OP for even THINKING about a double cylinder/keypad deadbolt. Seriously, if you're satisfied there's no life-safety issue, the Lockey model shown in the link is your best bet. There are bigger, heavier, more expensive units available, but they're for commercial/industrial applications. This one's fairly compact, just right for residential. They may have an electronic version by now, (I've not checked) but I would prefer mechanical at any rate; More reliable, no surprise dead battery to fool with. And cheaper.

Old 11-16-16, 05:22 PM
The locked in issue might be a hurdle especially for life safety codes. If you want to prevent window smashing, try window film like Shattergard.

Install a door frame strengthener like Strikemaster II, to thwart door frame failure (kicking open)