Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Door lock

EewoxKid's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1

01-11-18, 08:45 AM   #1  
Door lock

Is there a specific name for the type of doorknob where you push & turn the button to lock it, but then it can still be opened from the inside & remain locked when the door is pulled shut?

Sponsored Links
Wirepuller38's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,190

01-12-18, 06:59 AM   #2  
That would be a "knob lock"................................

GlobalLocky's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 925

01-12-18, 11:18 AM   #3  
its usually a grade 2 entrance set, but there are multiple different brands. Some of the better quality brands include LSDA, typically only available through locksmiths.

I dont believe the bigger brand names use that style any longer

rstripe's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,134

01-13-18, 09:30 PM   #4  
Yes, Schlage has been making this function for more than 30 years (that I'm aware of) in a variety of finishes and styles. It's catalog # is "A53PD" If you push the button in, the outer knob will lock. It pops back out when you turn the inner knob or open the door with key. If you push and TURN the button, it stays in, keeping the outer knob locked, even after turning the inner knob to exit, or coming in with key. I think you can get cheaper versions of this function in a Chinese clone, check with your local smithy.

Search this Thread