Installing Schlage Electronic Deadbolt - Double Cylinder Deadbolt in the way

Old 02-22-18, 10:06 AM
Installing Schlage Electronic Deadbolt - Double Cylinder Deadbolt in the way

My sister bought a Schlage electronic deadbolt for her new condo. Above her regular deadbolt, there is a double cylinder deadbolt. This prevents the battery compartment from sitting flush against the door. She has no issue with me removing the double cylinder deadbolt, but I don't know how to get rid of the hole. I was thinking about getting a deadbolt cover. They're not great looking by any means, but I thought that it would be a possibility. I think the cover is ~1/16" inch. That would make the deadbolt not sit flush at the top. The only solution I can think of is cutting it somehow. Then the issue becomes removing the battery compartment. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any recommendations for getting this to work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2K366U...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-18, 11:48 AM
Group Moderator
First thing I would do is check with the condo association to make sure you don't violate one of their rules in the process.

Is there any way to actually fix/plug the door? Of what material is the door made?

Old 02-22-18, 12:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Why not take double out and put electronic in there. Leave other one in door you don't have to use it.

Old 02-22-18, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
Why not take double out and put electronic in there. Leave other one in door you don't have to use it.
Good suggestion! How did I not think of that? I'm wondering if it may look odd with the keypad being so high. I'll have to check when I'm there.