Old 05-06-18, 05:21 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Commercial door, broken plastic piece

Name:  IMG_0264.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  81.8 KB

Does anyone know if this piece has a name or something? It broke off and fell somewhere from the top of the door, and now the door has problems opening/closing. Thank you in advance

Old 05-07-18, 11:56 AM
R
Received 46 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Don't recognize it...are we talking about a wood door, hollow metal door or glass/aluminum (storefront) type door? A photo showing the top of door and type of door closer might help. There is a similar looking part used in some double glass/alum. doors whereby locking the deadbolt on the active leaf lifts a rod inside the inactive leaf and throws a plastic cam/bolt into the header to lock the top of the inactive leaf.....this looks suspiciously like that. This arrangement is not common in my area.

Old 05-07-18, 01:42 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi rstripe, thanks for the reply! Sorry for the incomplete information - I am getting this information secondhand so I am not completely sure of the specifics. As you suspected, it is a storefront glass/aluminum door, so I think you are correct. Here are some photos of the door itself:

Old 05-07-18, 03:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,958 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
Someone more knowledgeable than me would probably have to identify the hardware... is it Von Duprin hardware or what?

Old 05-09-18, 07:17 AM
R
Good pics. Looks like the plastic piece is a cam that raises the bolt (which itself is metal).
This is made by Adams Rite and your local smithy can order one for you. It's part number is 4081-01 thru -04, depending on length. You will need to know door height less cylinder height, in inches. It may have broken prematurely due to door misalignment.

Old 05-09-18, 07:23 AM
R
I should have added that the part number is for the entire rod assembly...I doubt if you can get the plastic piece by itself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: