Schlage BE369NX: lock program code

Old 10-22-18, 05:08 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Schlage BE369NX: lock program code

Hi,

Recently I moved into a new house that has a Schlage BE369NX deadbolt lock. Everything was working fine until I decided to change the program code. I think I have inadvertently changed the program code so that the first 4 digit numbers are the same as the user code. Now when I try to enter the 6-digit program code, after the first 4 digits, the lock is beeped and unlocked, but it does not allow me to keep entering the last 2 digits.

In effect, I cannot use my program code any more. I can still unlock the door but I cannot make any changes.

I opened the lock cover but could not find the factory program code inside. What should I do? Is there any way to recover from this?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Old 10-22-18, 08:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I don't know the answer to your question directly but Schlage has a knowledge base
that covers all those questions....... Schlage knowledge base

In the installation manual..... on page 2 they show you that the factory programming code is on the back of the lock. You should be able to remove the lock from the door and locate that code. Then you'll need to default the lock so that it uses that factory supplied programming code. Then you can change that to your own...... Installation manual

Last edited by PJmax; 10-22-18 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-22-18, 08:40 PM
R
Received 45 Upvotes on 42 Posts
I've got an older model BE365 in which the codes are printed on a yellow sticker and placed both on the back of the lock and in the instruction booklet. The label in the lock appears to be removable....maybe the previous owner removed it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: