please tell me how to change this door knob

Old 09-12-20, 09:52 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
please tell me how to change this door knob

I just bought a house and the patio door is weird. Everything else is brushed nickel and uses a different key. I'd like to buy a different door knob for this door but I don't know how. As you can see in the pic there isn't a plate on the side of the door to remove like most door knobs. This runs all the way to the top and bottom of the door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The last pic is of the codes on the window. I googled each one individually and it all seemed to be about the glass, nothing about the door.

Old 09-13-20, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 26,800
Received 1,950 Upvotes on 1,746 Posts
First, have you gotten your new lock/hardware? That will be the most difficult part but if you can identify what you have you could try and buy new face plates and knobs. That way you don't have to remove the mechanism from inside the door.
Old 09-13-20, 06:09 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,660
Received 1,808 Upvotes on 1,626 Posts
You would need to measure for sure, but it might be a Peachtree Prado door. Flip through the photos here and verify the measurements they give.
Old 09-13-20, 09:25 AM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,344
Received 38 Upvotes on 35 Posts
The edge plate running top to bottom suggests a multi-point atrium style lock, where a rod runs the length of the door, to activate bolts at top and bottom.The locks are generally made to fit specific atrium door brands, and are best obtained from that door manufacturer. If you can't find a door brand sticker or label, you might send the pics to a few of the atrium door companies.....I think there's only about 3 major atrium door companies, altho they may be marketed under different names.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: