Im having a big problem with my door

Old 12-02-23, 08:24 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Im having a big problem with my door

Hey everyone! Like the idiot that i am i was playing around with my mortise and closed the door on myself because i left one of the screws too loose. Now the problem is my door wont open and i dont want to break my door. The hibges are out of the question because they dont have nails on them to screw them back on. Please help!

Old 12-02-23, 09:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,310 Upvotes on 2,055 Posts
"...playing around with my mortise and closed the door on myself because i left one of the screws too loose."
"...because they dont have nails on them to screw them back on."

I do not understand your description of the problem. Can you post a picture?

Are the hinges attached to the door or jamb? If not you can use a screwdriver or putty knife in the gap on that edge to slowly pull that side of the door out of the frame. You can also do the same by removing the hinge pins and prying the hinge side of the door out of the frame.

You can also use the door knob to retract the bolt. With the knob turned so the bolt is retracted push or pull to get that side of the door out of the door frame.

Old 12-02-23, 08:22 PM
R
Received 48 Upvotes on 45 Posts
It looks like OP used Google Translate from a foreign language....this is where indeed, some photos would be helpful. Too vague to suggest anything in particular.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: