How do I remove a Blaco lock set

Old 01-26-02, 08:51 PM
Visiting Guest
How do I remove a Blaco lock set

I want to replace an existing entry set on a door. It has a "Blaco" lock set on it. The dead bolt is requires a key on both the inside and outside of the door. Usually the lock has a set of screws that you can use to remove the deadbolt. However, this one has no visible screws and there appear to be no special holes with to remove the sleaves covering the deadbolt. I tried gently prying the lock to see if the sleave would pop up exposing screws beneath but no success.

The door knob is similar. There are no visible screws. There is a sleave on the inside which I was able to pop off. However, in order to get to the screws the sleave needs to come completely off. It looks like the door knob needs to come off so tha the sleave can come off and then I could get to the screws. There is a small hole on the door knob that looks like it may cause the door know to come off. However, there is not set screw inside that I can see.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get these locks off so that I can replace this with a new lock set? Any help you could offer would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-02, 07:58 PM
Lew Falconer
Visiting Guest
removing lockset

Good evening. You've almost got it. The small hole you see gives you access to s spring loaded pin. Just use a nail to push in on the pin as you pull the knob. I'm not sure but the deadbolt may have the same sort of access.
Let us know how you make out and if you need anymore help.

Old 11-17-08, 06:46 PM
I know this is old, but in case someone else runds into this problem with blaco dead bolts, to remove turn key so bolt is extended, then inset alin key in each of the two holes on he lefy and right side of the bolt, turn then counter clock wise, then you can turn the key counter clock wise to remove the cylender.