Ballpark for reroof with new pitch

Old 08-04-02, 07:49 PM
Ally Dog
Visiting Guest
Cool Ballpark for reroof with new pitch

Hello. How much to have flat roof removed and a new structure with a greater pitch in place of it? The total square footage I'm talking about it is maybe 800-850. I'd have the new roof extend above the original roofline and create some "look out" windows. I'm just wondering the general range so I can know if I'd even have enough to get more specific estimates. I've looked around and its difficult to find an answer. Thank you!

Old 08-05-02, 07:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am just doing a 10x26 addition. Builder wanted $3000. I have about $1000 doing it myself. Need to trim out and put roofing on and I'm done. Took the whole weekend. Lots of work.

Old 08-05-02, 06:55 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Estimate for new roof

The cost of labor and materials tends to vary from area to area. Get at least 3 bids from reputable licensed and insured contractors. Ask for copies of certificates where they pay Worker's Comp Insurance and Liability Insurance. If they get hurt on the job, they need Worker's Comp so they don't sue you. If they damage your home, they need Liability Insurance. Get references, call and go see some of their work. Contact your local Home Builders Association if necessary.

Old 08-08-02, 01:34 AM
John Hall
Visiting Guest
repitching a flat roof est. in Fla.

Hello i just ask the same question here of 2 different roof guys. i have a 12 x 60 with a flat roof and wanted to go metal roof called SM rib. with the metal you need at least a 1/12 pitch 2/12 is much better but sealed right a 1/12 is ok. and heck of a lot better than my old flat roof that is kool sealed. i used to sell the metal roofing and it must be stripped with 1x 4 or 2x4 then overlayed. on the boards and screwed down with at least 80 screws per square. both roofers told me 3k for them to do it. and if i did it about half the cost. i think like 1000 if i use secondary metal in galvenize and not painted to save bucks which i dont have. i did figure ridge cap roofing and screws but not the finish trim like gables which i was going to add as i could afford to. if you need painted which does look better add about 15% more. im in north florida btw. this metal is 29 guage but 26 guage can also be had but is a lot more money. pitched roof is far superior to any flat roof imho. hope this helps you some. John Hall btw i have seen secondary metal that is 15 years old and still looks fine. let me know what you do on your roof ok?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: