repair galvanized half round gutters

Old 12-02-02, 08:03 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
repair galvanized half round gutters

I have a section of gutter (half round galvanized) that is leaking from rust. It needs about 10 feet replaced on either side of an outside corner (a tree hangs over that corner of the roof). It seems that the entire gutter system around the roof is soldered into one unit with downspouts at various spots along the way.

I have not gotten many responses from the roofers that Icalled. The one that actually called me back said you can't just replace a section of this type of gutter. When I said that 20 feet of rusted gutter (the only part under the overhang of a tree) should not mean replacing then entire gutter system, he only said he would look at it. I havent' heard back. It seems to me that working with half round galvanized gutter is somewhat of a specialty.

I am looking for options and opinions. How can I find a reputable gutter man that would handle this work (Cleveland, Ohio area). Can a section be cut out and replaced? Can this be a DIY job - what is invovled?

Old 12-08-02, 06:46 AM
Roofdog
Visiting Guest
not enough money to be made by a roofer,thats why nobody wants to do it,maybe you should call a gutter company or a sheet metal guy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: