Cutting for non-90 deg. gutter angles

Old 03-10-03, 06:56 AM
Terry McCoy
Visiting Guest
Question Cutting for non-90 deg. gutter angles

I am installing 5 in. gutters on my house and have come to some non-90 degree angles where the roof line and the facia jut out above where my breakfast nook is in the house. The angles I'm dealing with look like they're somewhere between 20 and 30 degrees. I have two questions regarding this major headache of a problem:

1. How do I figure out what cuts to make in the gutter material so that the two pieces of the sculpted fronts of the gutters meet each other precisely at their opposing angles? And would a mitre saw help solve the problem?

2. How do I go about sealing seams such as this? Store-bought seamer bands won't bend to accomodate angles.

The more detail in your reply the better for a guy like me.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Old 03-11-03, 03:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What I do when I run into those kind of angles, is that I take my sliding t square, measure the angle next to the house, take a piece of gutter about 4 feet long down to a metal shop, and have them make the corner. Not expensive at all to do, and it is professional looking. The cut is an inside double cut which is very hard to do. You can drive yourself nuts trying to do it. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: