Ripping a roof

Old 03-06-00, 09:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi,
I'd appreciate any help in ripping a roof. I use the traditional tools' for ripping. The ripping pry bars and so on. I was wondering if anyone had any new idea's on ripping that would make it easier. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-00, 12:31 AM
Visiting Guest
I assume you're dealing with either comp., shakes, or wood shingles. Try a square point shovel, the flatter the better.

Old 03-07-00, 02:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

There are flathead shovel-like tools especially made for removing roofing, and they work much better than anything else. Should be able to find them at major building supply places. Good luck!

Old 03-07-00, 06:20 PM
Visiting Guest
In the latest Tool Crib catalog there at least three shingle rippers on page 95. They range in price from $29.99 to $49.99

Just today (and the rest of this week) I am using two of these real fine gadgets (not from Tool Crib).

I find it works best to use gravity rather than fight it. Work from the ridge down.

Toll Crib's toll free number is 800-844-9132 tell them that customer #8141574 referred you. Have fun a'shinglin'!

Here's the website with these jewels http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...609900-9892204

------------------
MTAC - VB,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

[This message has been edited by More than a Carpenter (edited March 07, 2000).]