building is 60 feet high

Old 04-19-00, 10:00 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a roof that is 60 feet high, we can remove the shingles from the top and shimgle from the top, but how do we get 300 bundles of shingles up there, any advice is greatly sppreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-00, 05:20 AM
Visiting Guest
rent a crane or boom truck? is this a trick question?

Old 04-20-00, 12:07 PM
Visiting Guest
We are Ellendale ND the nearest rental place is 100 miles away, that costs way to much. any other help is appreciated thank you for your suggestion

Old 04-20-00, 01:58 PM
Visiting Guest
about four kids off the football team?Actually i have seen a laddervater that was about 40 ft high. what if you built aplatform as high as necassary for it to reach.Service elevator on a weekend?sorry not much help. just have to carry them ireckon good luck

Old 04-20-00, 09:36 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm guessing that this a a church that you need to reroof. I would suggest leaving it to a roofing contractor to figure out all of the details and accept responsibility for any on-the-job injuries that may occur. 60 feet up is no place for amatuers

Old 04-21-00, 03:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Chad: I know Ellendale very well. Have done lots of work there. Your nearest rental is Weismantels in Aberdeen. 45 miles.
You are either doing a church or the grain elevator. The elevator is concrete. You may not know it, but one of the best roofers in the Dakota's is from that area, and subs for me. If you want e-mail me. You can rent a lift in Aberdeen but only goes up about 30 feet. Lots of roof jacks and muscle. At 60 feet, you really need a professional. If you or anyone else falls, how is your insurance. Think about this first.

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 04-21-00, 04:10 PM
Visiting Guest
It's a small world, I'll try your rental idea