torch down roofs

Old 05-30-00, 08:33 PM
Visiting Guest
does anyone know the how to's for building a torch down roof from an open air garage? what supplies are needed?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-00, 05:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Unless you are a licensed contractor, you can't get the material to do a torch-down.

Old 06-02-00, 09:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Just in case you have a brother that knows a guy, who has a friend... this is not a job you want to do. Pro's make it look easy (easier, 'cause it's not easy) because they have the experience, know what materials are compatible, manufacturer seminars, etc. You only have one life. Keep it.

Old 06-03-00, 04:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Samuel:
If you will make out your will with me as the beneficiary and send me the original copy, I will be glad to tell you how to fix your roof. There is a very good chance I would collect, if you tried it yourself.

Old 06-03-00, 05:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Jack, if he lets us watch, I can bring marshmallows

Old 06-03-00, 09:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Think we may have talked him out of it?? OK Samuel, describe this roof to us. How much pitch does it have? As a garage, I'm thinking there are probably no valleys in it. Have you considered going to a metal roof on it? That will oulast any comp roofing many times over, and won't cost that much more to install. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jacksprat:
Jack, if he lets us watch, I can bring marshmallows <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>