Metal Roofing

Old 05-29-00, 09:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Does anyone have any information about metal roofing? The good....the bad....and helpful hints are welcome.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-00, 05:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Metal roofing, properly installed, will weigh less and outlast virtually any other roofing material. And the new metal roofing that is out there can look very nice. Call a few roofing contractors to get price quotes. And it's not so much how much you pay, but often will you have to pay it!

Old 06-05-00, 04:58 AM
Visiting Guest
We just finished installing painted steel roofing on the center section (16 X 32 9/12 pitch) of my new pole barn. It was really quite easy - if you don't mind working 20 feet up standing on the 2 X 4 purlins. I got the forest green and it looks great. We had to trim the eve ends to length and the last section at the gable end. We used a metal cutting blade in a skill saw (on the ground before installation). Bought the materials through Home Depot but you can get it at Lowes, Carter and 84Lumber too.
Cost was about $20 each for the 36" by 12' sheets. Then there were the trim pieces, etc. All together, I think it was about $600 - 700 for that section of the roof.

Bill