Rain Gutters

Old 06-08-00, 09:05 AM
Visiting Guest
I purchased an older home surround by Monterey Pine trees. I had to clean out the rain gutters that were jammed with needles. I found that there is rust along the bottom of the gutters. I want to repair the gutter without trying to remove and replace. Is there any method to seal the bottom of the rain gutter?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-00, 06:49 PM
Visiting Guest
If the bottom of the gutter has rusted out, you will spend more time and money trying to repair it than you will just replacing it. Unless there is some antique value to these gutters, why don't you want to replace them?

Old 06-08-00, 07:45 PM
Visiting Guest
I was told that it would be hard since I would have to remove the bottom row of wood shake. I have no idea.

Old 06-08-00, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
I was told that it would be hard since I would have to remove the bottom row of wood shake. I have no idea.

Old 06-09-00, 10:03 PM
Visiting Guest
I would call a seamless gutter company and have them give you an estimate to remove and replace your existig gutters.

They "might" still have to remove the first course of shakes, but then they would also be responsible for getting them back in place. Likely they will not have to remove them.

More than a Carpenter
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net