Removing Seamless Gutter

Old 06-22-00, 07:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have to remove a portion of aluminum seamless gutter and facia because the facia was installed poorly and I have birds nesting in my soffits. Anyway, how do you remove gutter spikes without bending and marring up the gutters?

Old 06-23-00, 07:47 PM
Visiting Guest
If they really are gutter spikes, I've always used a full-size wonder bar from the roof and drive them out that way.

Use the pointed end to sort of straddle the ferrule where the spike passes through the gutter. Put the tip right against the gutter material and strike the bar firmly with a hammer.

I've used this method numerous times with good success.

More than a Carpenter
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net

Old 11-08-05, 09:42 AM
troymjackson
Visiting Guest
I worked installing cont. rain gutter, and had to remove them as well. The best way of removing your continous rain gutter is to use two hammers, one hammer with a straight claw. Butt the claw of the straight hammer against the head of the spike from inside the gutter, and tap the head of the hammer with your second hammer. Do this for all spikes, make sure to leave the middle spike for last so the gutter won't bend on you. If the gutter is over 30 ft. I would recommend having a second person help you hold the gutter up.

Troy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: