Old 06-21-00, 01:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I'm getting ready to redo my roof It has been many years since I roofed a house. Now a days ridge vents are being installed. The ridge vent with an external baffle, according to every thing I've read, is the way to go. I've searched the web and couldn't find instructions on the correct way to install these types of vents.

There are two types of holes on the flange. I think one for nailing and one for water draining. Is that right?

Are the vents connected with rubber connectors or do they overlap.

I don't plan on running the vents to the edge of the house. How many tabs should I place under the ridge vent.

Finally, are there aluminum clips that go over the vent to hold it down and how many per 8 feet?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-00, 01:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Looking back at previous messages "How to do roofing websites" I found my answer at website.
Old 06-23-00, 07:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thanks for the good referral.

More than a Carpenter
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: