flat roof

Old 06-30-00, 04:24 PM
Visiting Guest
My garage roof is flat or very low pitch. The sides of the garage are concrete block and they extend above the roof line about 8 to 9 inches. What is the best way to repair and keep it from leaking.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-00, 07:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Your roof has low (or no) pitch and the walls extend ABOVE this?? RAISE the roof line!! Get the roof above the height of the walls and put some slope in the roof. Then install a metal roof. Doesn't have to be much slopr -- a 1/12 will do. Water will always run downhill!

Old 07-04-00, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Raising the roof line was my first thought. But I can't raise it enough to get it above the walls because of the two windows. I can raise the roof enough against the house. But, in order to get any kind of pitch, I still need to go between the walls. I had thought of using flashing along the sides and am wondering if this would work.

Old 07-05-00, 10:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Windows?? Where did they come from? They must be on a second floor, above this roof. Would it be possible to replace the windows with some that are a foot shorted, keeping the tops at the same height and raising the sills? Now would your garage roof go under them if you raised it? Clarify things things a little bit for me -- I spent 8 hours under a house today -- must have been something in the dust!