Roof Leaking. Chimney Sweep Repair??

Old 04-23-03, 03:25 PM
Thinkly
Visiting Guest
Roof Leaking. Chimney Sweep Repair??

I have a section of my roof that is leaking. It is on an outside edge of the roof and is a few feet below the fireplace chimney. The fireplace chimney is actually on the outside of the house but is encompassed by the roof on 3 sides.

I have noticed the bedroom wall (directly below the forementioned area) has always had an offwhite color to it. However after a couple recent heavy rains I noticed a mold spot on the ceiling up against the wall.

I headed up into the attic and I see that there are about 5 nails with water dripping off of them while it is raining outside. This area is about a 3' x 6 ' area that starts about 2 ft. below the chimney and goes out toward the eves.

By the looks of the Plywood (roof sheeting) this area has been leaking for a good while. So I call the guy that put my roof on a little over a year ago. He won't come by to look at it.

So I call a chimney sweep and he immediately gives me a bid and tells me that he guarantees me that it won't leak when he is done. Attached is his bid. Am I taking the right approach or do I need a roofer?

I can see that the chimney needs some repair. I am sure that the roof was leaking before the new roof was on as well.

Old 04-26-03, 12:59 PM
spolsen
Visiting Guest
Attachment not appearing. What is the chimney sweeper doing for the money? How much?? What is is description of the work he is going to perform??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: