Gutters

Old 05-02-03, 08:24 PM
treepapa
Visiting Guest
Gutters

I need to install (or have installed) gutters on my roof (single story, recent comp. shingle roof, facia nailed directly to rafter tails, no gutters now). The daunting thing is that the section that most needs gutters is by the kitchen; with a bay style breakfast nook with complex angles (not 45 or 90 degrees .... more like some are 40 degrees outside, others 50 deg. inside, etc.).

The standard aluminum gutters at home dope or lowz (I despise vinly) have 45 and 90 deg. corners available ... so how do I handle the "odd" angles? Is there a good trick to this, or should I just get a "Gutter Guy" to do this part of the job, and perhaps install the straight runs myself?

Thanks

Old 05-03-03, 03:48 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Call a seemless gutter man & let him do the whole job. No seems, no chance of potential leaks. We've been using a seemless gutter co. for several yrs now. They make right them on the spot to custom fit your home, they look good & will last a lifetime.

My $.02 worth.

Old 05-04-03, 11:40 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
gutters

Its like how far do you want to DIY. If you want you can lay the end cuts out for the 40 or 50d let a 1" on one end for the lap. if you want and know how turn the gutter over and block it inside cut it off with a chop saw fine blade. ED
lets see 2 cents & 2 cents That makes 4 cents you got here

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: