Rubber Roof

Old 05-21-03, 08:03 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rubber Roof

What kind of roof cement is made for repairing a hole in a rubber roof? Or will any kind work?
thanks,
joe

Old 05-22-03, 10:42 PM
Unless this is a large hole I'd use Tamko Plastic Roof Cement. Good stuff, been using it for years.

Old 05-23-03, 05:58 AM
B
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
awesomedell:
Are you SURE plastic roof cement is a good idea? By rubber, I assume Coachman124 is refering to EPDM. Our office specifies EPDM on almost all our commercial projects. All the EDPM manufacturers say you have to keep anything with petroleum products away from their materials. Wouldn't plastic roof cement fall into that category?

Coachman 124:
I would recommend you contact the manufacturer or installer of your roof, especially if its still under warranty. If you don't know who they are, I would think any of the EDPM manufacturers could give you information on how to repair. Some of the major manufacturers are Carlisle, Firestone, GenFlex, Versico.

Bruce

Old 05-23-03, 09:48 AM
S
For my old EPDM roof which I am nursing along, I use rubber roof sealant, which comes in a tube that fits a caulk gun, as a stop gap method for edges of the rubber flashing or where there is an abrasion. This product is designed to seal the edges of the rubber flashing and edges of seams.

There are also patch kits available which involve roughing, cleaning and priming the area and then affixing the patch, similar to an innertube repair. This should be the most reliable repair.

Make sure the product you use is for the type of rubber on your roof.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: