Chimmeny flashing

Old 06-26-03, 11:54 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chimmeny flashing

I'm in the planning phase of putting on a new roof and need some help with the flashing around my chimmeny. Is the flashing put on with roofing cement or is motar cut and the flashing slide into the motar, then cocked with roffing cement.

Thanks

Thomasb

Old 06-26-03, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You are probably going to get alot of replies to your question, and that is ok. I would use either step flashing, or buy a roll of flashing and cut to fit. Seal the top of the flashing against the chimney with Black Jack with neopreme in it.

Old 06-29-03, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
flashing

Its hard to tell you how on here.Look at the wrap paper on the shingles when you get them. Most of the time it shows on there.
You have to start on the bottom first with a full cover of metal. Then up the sides with the 5"x7" 2" up some have kicked that up to a 12"X12" 6" up step shingles. Now you dont lock them to the flue you put them under the shingles so they will shed on to the next lower one. You take another piece. of metal and let that come down over the top of the step shingles 1" and cut the top of it into the mortar and seal to the flue. This way the roof can float from the flue. At the top of the flue and roof you bend up a cricket should be about 6" over on each side of the flue and put it in in one piecethe top of this we set to the flue or in the mortar. ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: