Cost for New Roof

Old 07-26-03, 08:18 AM
rockylee
Visiting Guest
Cost for New Roof

I would like to put a new roof on ( shingles) , my house size is 44 by 25 ranch house with 1200 F LIVING SPACE. any idea how much it will be? one guy estimated with 10 feet gutters included about $4,800 .

thanks

rocky

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-03, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You did not say what part of the country you lived, so had to kind of build that into the equation. I am guessing a straight roof since you did not say different. I think that the price may be a little high, however location, types of materials, fascia condition, pitch of roof, number of vents etc will make a difference in the final price. So after taking everything else into consideration, it may be just fine.

Old 07-28-03, 07:39 AM
rockylee
Visiting Guest
thanks for your reply , i am living in MASSACHUSETTS, and do you know they will charge extra for fireplace's flashing and 2 pipes on the roof?

thank you

rocky

Old 07-30-03, 08:44 AM
I live in RI, I would get a few estimates, that seems high.

Old 07-30-03, 11:03 AM
roofs

Here in Missouri with take off old $135.oo a sq and for height and pitch add $ 20.00 a sq ED

Old 08-14-03, 05:00 AM
Roofing Estimate

Prices and materials tend to vary from area to area in the country and as well between roofing companies. Get at least three bids. Remember the least expensive bid may not be your best option. Make sure the company is insured. Workers Compensation in case of injury on your property. Liability insurance in the event of damage to your property. Request copies of certificates and call agencies to determine if insurance is active.

There is a Contractor Locator on the Home Page of this website that may be helpful in locating a contractor in your area