Roof Valley Splash Guard for existing Vinyl Gutter

Old 08-02-03, 07:35 AM
kcmark
Visiting Guest
Question Roof Valley Splash Guard for existing Vinyl Gutter

Our home has white vinyl guttering; however, there is a roof valley facing the front of the house which creates an enormous waterfall on our front porch every time it rains. I would like to put up a valley splash guard to stop this problem but cannot find such a part at any of the local hardware stores or Home Depot or Lowe's.

Where can I buy a white, vinyl, roof valley splash guard? Is there anywhere online or whom might I call locally here in Kansas City, MO? Any suggestions?

TIA,

Mark

Old 08-03-03, 10:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could just attach a piece of coil stock to the inside of your gutter at the corner the would catch the over flow & kick it back down into the gutter. I imagine someone does make & market such a product, but it'd be just as easy to do as I suggested.

If you don't hace access to any coil, just pick a piece of prebent facia from HD, Lowes, whoever, trim the bent edge off of it with you tin snips bend into a rough 90 degree angle & slide it into the gutter & attach it with screws thru the outside of the gutter.

Good luck.

Old 08-26-03, 12:17 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with rain creating a massive waterfall over a section of my garage from the gutters. This leads to all the water flowing into my garage and flooding it. The drain backs up because the storm sewers are backed up so the drain doesn't help.

My question is.. What can I do to prevent all this water from overflowing from this one section over my garage. We have a two story and only two downspouts. Both are on the left of the house, one in the front and one in the back. All the water from the right side of the house goes into the gutter and flows down over the garage while the garage roof is taking on an enormous amount of water so the gutters overflow.

Any ideas??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: