New Roof and Gutters, Estimate in NYC Staten Island

Old 08-04-03, 06:09 PM
The Jays
Visiting Guest
New Roof and Gutters, Estimate in NYC Staten Island

My roof is 20 years old, is leaking, and needs to be replaced. There are two parts of the house that have roofs. The main roof is 18.5' x 26.5', gable @ 4/12 slope, and is a two story frame. Connected at the back of the house is a one story frame, 18.5' x 7.6', roof is shed roof, very low slope. So, that like 650 sq ft. It is an asphalt shingled roof, single layer.
My parents are under the impression that this will cost 20,000 dollars to do. I've been trying to just find a general figure to start with, before I start getting estimates. It is in Staten Island, in NYC.

Do you guys know of some costs per sqaure foot, if they include man hours? I am really lost here, and I just want something to start with before I start calling.

And, we need new gutters too.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-03, 06:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
650 sq ft = 7 squares + 1 square for the ridge x approx $45.00/sq
=$360.00 for the shingles, then add ice & frost, felt, gutter metal, vents, 2 valleys your probably looking at materials of around $1000. Labor, tear off and reinstall $1050, new gutters about $600.00. $2600 dollar range. Are sure these are your house measurements for the roof. Kinda small for your neighborhood. Do not I repeat do not take the cheapest bid.
Good Luck

Old 08-04-03, 06:32 PM
The Jays
Visiting Guest
I have the plans for my house in front of me. The house was part of a bunglow community by the beach in Staten Island. The streets are small, the houses are very close. The house is 18.5 feet wide. The major portion of the house is 26.5 feet long, and the back portion adds another 7.67'. The roof is 4/12, 4.5/12 on the major portion, and is gabled front to back.

As long as its not like 20,000.

Any idea at the most expensive it might be?

Old 08-05-03, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There is one unknown. this will not be known until your existing roof is removed. The unknown is the sub roofing. Any rotten areas will have to be replaced. The usual rate for this is $50 per hour plus materials. The high end on your job would be $5000

Old 08-14-03, 03:58 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Roofing Estimate

Prices and materials tend to vary from area to area in the country and as well between roofing companies. Get at least three bids. Remember the least expensive bid may not be your best option. Make sure the company is insured. Workers Compensation in case of injury on your property. Liability insurance in the event of damage to your property. Request copies of certificates and call agencies to determine if insurance is active.

There is a Contractor Locator on the Home Page of this website that may be helpful in locating a contractor in your area

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: