Question, Bird holes under the roof eaves ??

Old 08-12-03, 06:36 AM
Futures1
Visiting Guest
Question, Bird holes under the roof eaves ??

We are in the process of purchasing a property in TN. The outside of the house is Western Cedar. When looking at the place, I noticed that there were several holes approx. 4 x4 inches in various places under the eaves. There appeared to be some sort of nest located inside a few of the holes (looked like some sort of birds nest ??).
I was unable to get up close to identify exactly what they were. 1 person suggested flying squirrels and another suggested some sort of bird ?? There were small pieces of wood which appeared to be covering some of the previous holes. My question.. how do I eliminate this situation ??
I was considering covering the wood under the eaves with a metal product, colored screen material, etc., but do not want to develop a moisture situation or buildup of residue, etc. !!
Has anyone experienced this situation ?? What's the fix ?? The wood is natural western cedar, (quite dark) we are planning to lighten it. Thanks, Dick S.

Old 08-12-03, 01:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If they are flying squirrels, they are ANNOYING and hard to get rid of. I know of a few people who had them chew into cedar siding and live in the walls and ceilings of houses. There are many types of birds that would live in those places too. You also could have bats. Birds are easy to get rid of, be carefull if its bats with rabies and squirrels are a royal pain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: